Sunday 1 January 2012

Day 1

Distance Run: None
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 20 minutes

  The primary goal of Janathon is to run (and blog) daily, covering as many miles as you can. For various reasons, this was always a non-starter for me. "Fortunately" there is a more attainable goal of merely exercising each day in whatever sporting form I choose - meaning I could kick-off with an overdue session on Wii Fit. Having done 2 miles (including 4 mins Tabata/HIIT) of running yesterday, and with 7.5 miles planned tomorrow, I gave my legs a breather. Stats of note as follows:


Heading Footballs (Advanced): Perfect score
Rhythm Boxing (Super Advanced - 10 mins): New pb of 1399*
Jacknifes: 30
Perfect 10: Completed with 26 seconds to spare - only 3 stars out of 4 :(
Balance: 49.9%/50.1% (with eyes shut = fluke)
BMI: 21.37 (approx 10st 9lb)
Fitness Age: 20

* Previous best was 1384, so my punching speed has improved in recent months. 1400+ next...

All things considered - an excellent start. I think my core strength is still reasonably good, but I'd like to ease myself back to 100 jacknife stints throughout the month, before I dare tackle the Plank challenge again. I'd forgotten how enjoyable rhythm boxing is too, albeit my arms feel the strain of "15 seconds punch-as-many-times-as-you-can bonus time" the next day.

Injuries: Nothing new. Achilles tendon a little tight, but no soreness.
Mood: Confident!

  In other news: the new year was celebrated in fine style at the Harbour household. Killer Pool, Beirut, and "<name deleted for protection> went to the zoo" were all played, and the traditional hangover KFC was consumed circa 3:20pm. An enjoyable start to the year.

One day down, thirty to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hope there was no whipping it out on a whippet involved in exercising. Now you and Jimmy have both blogged in time, I must sleep.

    ReplyDelete