Friday 6 January 2012

Day 6

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 7.55 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 23 minutes

  A mixture of annoyance, tiredness and pride have seen me through some form of exercise today. Planning ahead, I'd intended to do a Tabata/HIIT session this evening, before watching the Liverpool game on TV. Illness has put paid to the first half, and my failure to check that the Liverpool game was even on TV fooled me on the second. Even a revised plan of performing a gentle run whilst listening to commentary of the Liverpool game on the radio fell apart - I opted for the more sensible option of avoiding a much-needed run altogether.
  Not being a doctor, I'm not sure what latest virus I've picked up. It would appear almost everyone I've had some sort of proximity with in the past week has been "ill", and my hope that having been a virus-ridden for six weeks to end last year would stand me in good stead have proven fruitless (rather like my diet). On the plus side: I'm not a bed-ridden mess, and there's nothing wrong with my chest (yet). With a congested head, and an occasional lump of mucus to shift, Beechams Flu Plus have (to my surprise) provided some comfort to the symptoms at regular intervals. Ergo, I'm optimistic it's just a cold, and it'll shift itself over the weekend.
  Following an impromptu nap (during which Liverpool won 5-1 - with Carroll and Downing scoring I might still be dreaming), I found some energy to switch on the Wii and do some easy balance games to clock up 20+ minutes. I'm bad enough at juggling as it is without feeling rough, but got the hang of Segway Slalom before trying out of my (dubious quality) golf swing. Now I could do with something to eat, and some reading plus TV will be followed by further sleeping and a nice lie-in.

Injuries: None - just achey joints still
Mood: Irritable

  The revised exercise plans for the next three days will be heavily influenced by how rough I feel tomorrow. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment