Sunday 22 January 2012

Day 22

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 42.55 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 20 minutes

  I am getting this entry done at the unusually early time of 10pm on the day itself. Having entered Janathon I am determined to see it through, and this entry will leave me with just 9 days to go. Before looking ahead, I'll look behind. Today has been as lazy as I hoped; football and snooker on the tv, and no pressing urge to remove myself from my bed. Bliss. My calf muscles are both tender, but not enough to stop me flailing about on Wii Fit again. My weight seems to be creeping up - possibly because I permitted myself half an easter egg after my breakfast pizza. Otherwise, life's just fine atm. I've not been anywhere of note in 2012 yet, but I've exercised daily, am almost back to half-marathon fitness, have played in 7 football matches, had 1 bowling session and 5 decent runs. Work's gone ok, and with the Jan 31st deadline for tax return filing drawing closer it seems that everything is still "under control" from that perspective. What I'd like is to have some more social plans booked up for the coming weeks - to compliment my busy weekdays with some fun weekends. I also want to continue the "life clearout" so the next stage, "new life purchases", can commence - although I have added some new sports equipment in the form of new football trainers, goalkeeping gloves, cricket gloves and sunglasses to my kit. I intend to get through to March without taking any holidays from work, but a week off in March would be nice - or maybe post-marathon as a reward for my (hopefully successful) efforts. More thought required, but it's nice to have options.

Injuries: Calf muscles
Mood: Mildly refreshed

  If I'm not in too much soreness tomorrow then I fancy some football action back at Edgware Road. The new season kicks off, and rumour has it the Argentinian wonderkid is no longer available - which is a crushing blow. Typically, we've got a rematch with the losing finalists from last week in our opening fixture. Could be interesting. I at least have Tuesday evening as a source of midweek rest, and I may well need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment