Monday 2 January 2012

Day 2

Distance Run: 7.55 miles
Total Distance Run for January: 7.55 miles
Other Exercise: None

  As intended, I put in a reasonable pavement shift for my first run of the year. Following successful runs last week, I hoped to better 9 minute mile pace without pushing too hard. My competitive tendency of bettering myself on regular routes is at times a strength, but usually a weakness - I can't remain healthy if I insist on beating the clock on every run. Learning when to ease off is something I'll have to work on, but I felt today's pace was close to ideal - not far off threshold for the duration, clocking in at 66:18. Having lost over a minute at traffic lights and crossings, it was a solid effort. On the dynamics: I'm making an effort to run without a heel-strike, landing just infront of the midfoot without overstriding. Results thus far are encouraging, so I shall persist.
  With football to be played on Wed and Thu, I intend to hit Wii Fit again tomorrow with a short run on Fri, ahead of an 11 mile attempt on Sunday.

Injuries: Calf muscles ache a little. Abdominal muscles sore - more core strength training required & planned
Mood: Satisfied


 Nothing much else achieved today, alhough I've fiddled around with "Running Free" and made some progress there. By the end of the month I should have a more user-friendly blog, and hopefully somewhere near to 75 miles to my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment