Tuesday 31 January 2012

Day 31

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 56.15 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 33 minutes

  I have done my last day of exercise (for Janathon, not ever). I have logged my last day of exercise (ditto). I am now blogging my last entry (see previous brackets). I could do with catching some sleep, but I shall get this entry over with and dream a little more easily.
  With no bowling, I had to decide what exercise option to finish the month/challenge with. I ruled out a run on the basis that I ran yesterday, it was very chilly, and I couldn't be bothered. The path of least resistance was Wii Fit again, and I got through 30 minutes of the "relaxing but useful" step aerobics whilst watching tv and taking a phone call - multitasking at its finest. I doubt step aerobics is a key component of marathon training, but I figure it provides a useful low-intensity, low-impact session that keeps the body ticking over. With football tomorrow and my left foot slowly recovering, I'd rather not risk any damage.
  As the month ended too, I had a crack at the parallel stretch. My record is 122 seconds, and with my jacknifes throughout January going well I figured I'd get close to that. Instead, I was on 58 when the game told me I'd lost balance - ouch. I was juddering with discomfort barely 10 seconds in though, so I'll put it down to not having recovered from Sunday's workout yet. Some more work needed on the core strength though.
  I finish the month around 10st 11lb. Some weight had been lost over the weekend, but a diet of Wetherspoons steak lunch and office cake must've undone that. I am now targeting a pasta or rice-based meal every day, with fat intake reducing as the marathon nears. The occasional pizza or dessert will be fine once in a while, but it must be in moderation. I feel fitter than I did at the start of the year, and intend to progress further in February.

Injuries: Left foot improving, a few aches but otherwise good
Mood: Post-Janathon satisfaction

  February also brings with it an end of self assessment tax returns (which have dominated my working day for the month), so I have two reasons to be cheerful. Any elation is tempered because I could do with a weekend breather already, and the fact it's now only Wednesday morning is a tad demoralising. Friday night will come soon enough, and football will help the time pass by.

  I wonder when I'll next return to blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment