Wednesday 25 January 2012

Day 25

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 42.55 miles
Other Exercise: Football (Five-a-side for Real Unfit - 22 minutes)

  I HAVE NO TIME TO BLOG DAMMIT! But because I definitely won't have time tomorrow (well, today) due to work, then football, then pub quiz, then maybe getting home at 11:45 if I'm lucky, I have to type today's (well, yesterday's) entry now (well, now being a term covering all of the present time in which I'm typing nonsense). I could do with some sleep.
  Highlights of today would be a crushing 1-8 defeat for my Wednesday night football team. A combination of new players (meaning no understanding or fluidity between teammates), lack of fitness, lack of sharpness and some bloody good opposition, left us with no hope. I was in defence, felt I played ok and almost equalised (hitting the post from distance with the score at 0-1) in the first half, before subbing off. When I got back on the pitch it was 1-5, and our teamplay had disintegrated beyond repair. The word of today would be "frustrating" - but if it fires me up to make sure of another Thursday night win then it'll be beneficial. Haringey Yacht Club (the finest yacht club in North London, according to our team page...) can go 5 points clear at the top with a win, but we'll drop to 2nd if we lose. Biggest game in recent memory, and I look forward to it.
  Only other amusement from today was seeing some of the ACN game between Libya and Zambia. An exciting game that finished 2-2, but the game should never have been played due to a waterlogged pitch. Only in Africa can a referee let the game go ahead, but it looked like nobody was seriously injured and it made great viewing. Across other sports; India are utterly hopeless; England had a good first day against Pakistan, but the real test will be when they bat themselves; Liverpool reach a cup final for the first time in 5 years, and will play at Wembley for the first time since Eric Cantona pretty much made me cry in 1996; Murray will face Djokovic in a tasty SF on Friday. Sport sport sport etc.

Injuries: Left calf getting there, icing right shin tonight
Mood: Frustrated

  Six more entries to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment