Tuesday 24 January 2012

Day 24

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 42.55 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 20 minutes


  Icing the calf for a second night saw some improvement in the tenderness. It's still a pain, but better. Although I itched for a speedy, fitness boosting run, I settled for more core strength work on Wii Fit instead. Football tomorrow and Thu will test the calf enough, and I'd like to put my Janathon mileage through the 50 barrier on Saturday. My initial, mildly optimistic Janthon target was 75 - oh well! If I didn't play football I'd have got there, and I could still run a marathon next Tuesday to ensure I do...
  On the Wii Fit, I can feel an improvement in my core strength. Another 50 jacknifes, and no ill-effects suffered. They are tricky to perform whilst maintaining good body position, but pain aside - they are as dull as I remember them being. The price to pay for defined abdominals (which are smothered below a few lbs of fat anyway) I guess. Perhaps a plank challenge will be more entertaining, as well as effective, but I'll continue to build towards 100 jacknifes for now. Another 6 press-ups and sidestands were "easy" too, so it'll be a crack at 10 next time. The settings on the game are for 6, 10 and 20, and if I can get to a "comfortable 20" I'll be very surprised.
  Whilst sport participation is high on my priorities, watching sport isn't far behind. I've been following the African Cup of Nations - a biannual football tournament - as well as the World Indoor Bowls, Australian Open tennis and the various cricket matches taking place (plus snooker last week). It's a feast that's almost too much to handle...so add in Liverpool's SF 2nd leg against Man City tomorrow, and the upcoming FA Cup 4th round clash with Man Utd on Sat, and there aren't enough hours in the day to watch it all. Whilst I'm not too fussed who wins the bowls, I'm hoping for some positive results for Liverpool/Andy Murray/England, and more entertaining African goalkeeping in the ACN (such as this fantastic catch outside the area ) to model myself on!

Injuries: Left calf, twinges on right knee
Mood: Sport Sport Sport Sport Sport

  Just a week of Janathon to go, and my last blog entries for the month on Real Unfit and Haringey Yacht Club will soon be (reluctantly) typed up to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment