Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 15

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 30.22 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 20 minutes

  I left the exercise until late today, following the football and darts instead until plugging Wii Fit back in. I added 10 more jacknifes to the routine, and had my first go in ages on the press-ups & sidestands - just the 6, which went ok, but I won't step up until 10 for a few tries yet. My weight is sticking around 10st 8lb - 10st 10lb, and that's fine for now. Happily, there are no real adverse effects from the run yesterday to worry about, so the icepack can remain in the freezer.
  With tidying gathering some form of momentum, I allowed myself to purchase some new clutter in the form of astroturf football boots, from the local Sports Direct. Knowing virtually nothing about "what the cool kids buy these days", I'd asked my brother what he had, glossed over his warning that they wear out rather quickly, and opted for some Adidas adi5 boots - of the fluorescent yellow variety - size 8 1/2. Will they increase my foothold on the 4G surface whilst goalkeeping? Possibly. Will they make me look like more of a twat? Certainly. I am in need of a pair though for playing in defence/midfield, which is set to happen tomorrow at Edgware Road. The Monday night team, with help of a star work experience lad, won the semi-final 4-2 to clinch a place in the league final tomorrow night. Whether I play the full game or as a sub, it'll be a worthwhile trip to be involved. The omens aren't too good - of the 4 appearances I've made this season the team have lost 3, and have somehow won all the 5 games I've missed. If ever stats were shown to be useless it's right there. My one comfort was playing in at least one victory - a heroic shift the day after my half-marathon in October as nobody else could play, with me barely staying upright by the end as we held on for a 2-1 win. I hope my stunning new boots can debut in a similar victory, which can be followed by some victory pints afterwards!

Injuries: Minor soreness in right calf and ankle, but thankfully not in the achilles
Mood: Well-rested

  With a first crack at tenpin bowling for 2012 lined up for Tue, and football on Wed and Thu, it's set to be an exciting week of sporting action. Let battle commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment