Sunday 29 January 2012

Day 28

Distance Run: 10.1 miles
Total Distance Run for January: 52.65 miles
Other Exercise: None
  I have not done enough running in January. Not in terms of Janathon, but for the marathon in 12 weeks time. One run per week will not cut it, and I will have to sacrifice football or fit in some 3-5 mile runs midweek before Wednesday games, and play rarely on Mondays, until the 26.2 is over with. I just can't do it all, as much as I'd wish to.
  What prompted the above was discussion with Helen H and the consequences of our run yesterday. I extended our route from a fortnight ago, meaning Helen could stop at 7.8 miles and I could run through to 10.1 (note: Helen got off the bus before I reached the bus stop, but as I reached the bus before it had driven off I have awarded myself a technical draw in the "beat the bus" stakes). The run was pain-free and enjoyable, but I made two silly mistakes. Firstly, I strapped my sleeves up above my elbows before we'd begun - usually I do this once I've warmed up and my arms have begun to sweat. Not a massive problem, but it was cold with a chilly breeze throughout, and I only realised just how ice-cold my forearms were when I got into a hot shower half an hour after we'd finished. It may save on faffing about with velcro whilst moving, but I won't make that mistake again.
  The second error was finishing up a hill again. This time the consequences have outdone my run from three weeks ago. Something in my left foot began to ache as we walked back to home from the station, and despite some forciful stretching it got worse after showering - leaving me to limp-hop to the car (to Helen's amusement). It stopped aching whilst we ate, and was better later in the eve, but then (how?!) it hurt so much it woke me up from my slumber whilst it was still dark. This isn't good, and it's a fairly new complaint too. It's as if a muscle has cramped but it can't be stretched out. Ice and the pedi-roller are doing what they can though, and I'll see what state it's in tomorrow. FWIW it's a lump of something that connect the left of my heel to the left side of my forefoot - and pulling my little toe upwards increases the discomfort. Bad times.

Injuries: All ok except for this left foot problem
Mood: Disgruntled

  The one good thing about being wounded on a Saturday run is having a full Sunday to recover...

No comments:

Post a Comment