Friday 27 January 2012

Day 27

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 42.55 miles
Other Exercise: Wii Fit Plus - 20 minutes

  Murray eventually lost the tennis, with almost the entire office either watching or listening whilst beavering away on tax returns. For a British tennis fan it's crushing to watch him get so close but fall again, so I can't imagine how he feels. I wasn't paying enough attention to the match to critique where it was ultimately lost, but it felt at times as though Djokovic's level dropped to more human levels, allowing Murray to assert initiative and impose himself on more points than usual. The truth is that when both play at their best, currently, Djokovic is a fairly comfortable victor - but the match showed Murray is capable of pulling off a big win. To claw back from 2-5 to 5-5 and break points for 6-5 is almost as close as you can get (Federer will know how to get closer and still lose), and in those final few minutes of the match it was arguably the "belief" that made the difference. Novak has won in those clutch moments before, and Murray hasn't (in a slam) yet. It'll change one day though, but it may be a while yet until Murray finally has his slam.
  With more tax returns filed at work, and the clock ticking ever slower towards hometime, I got my Wii Fit workout done early to precipitate crashing for the evening. Jacknifes up to 60, press-ups and sidestands to 10, body pushed very hard. With my calf muscles feeling ok, it's now my shins - especially my right one - which crave rest. I will ice it tonight, and am confident my running style won't harm them further tomorrow. A 90ish minute run doesn't sound so much when I put it like that, but I will need to start running more than once a week AND fit in adequate rest too as the marathon approaches.

Injuries: Shin muscles to be iced, aches in most places too
Mood: Braindead

  Only four days of Janathon to go, and I'm still going. Please let it end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment