Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day 11

Distance Run: None
Total Distance Run for January: 21.72 miles
Other Exercise: Football (Five-a-side for Real Unfit - 38 minutes)

  Pressed for time tonight, but I don't have an awful lot to blog about anyway. I enjoyed watching Liverpool take a 1-0 lead into HT against a very ineffective Man City team, before making my way to Hatfield for the new Wednesday night season. We had some players leave and join the squad, and a game against a side who had just relegated to our division was a tough start. I stretched my achey muscles and felt fine to play, but didn't have the best of games in goal - we were 3-5 down at HT and eventually lost 3-8 (I came out to play in defence for the last 10 minutes at 3-7, defended ok but room for improvement there as well). Frustrating as I'd have expected to do better with 2 or 3 of the goals conceded, but enjoyable nonetheless. I reckon the team can better our tally of 5 points from last season (I'm thinking 6...) over the next nine weeks. That'd be most pleasing! Liverpool held on for the 1-0 win (yay), and that wraps today's otherwise uneventful day up.

Injuries: More ice & massage for the lower legs...
Mood: Sluggish

  Tomorrow night provides an immediate chance to regain my goalkeeping form at Mill Hill, followed by a visit to the local pub quiz (where a team of myself and Simon attempt and fail to avoid coming last with a disproportionate number of questions involving years before we existed). Fun comes in many forms...

No comments:

Post a Comment